tweezle

Tweezle Reads

I read. I think. I write it down.

The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook: Wickedly Good Meals and Desserts to Die For
Gillian Flynn, Sara Paretsky, Harlan Coben, Kate White
Death of a Salesman
Arthur Miller
Conscripts: The First Book of The Off World Trilogy
Patrick Locke
Vivian Versus The Apocalypse
Katie Coyle
Hitler's First Victims: The Beginning of the Holocaust and One Man's Fight to End It
Timothy W Ryback
Charlie Chaplin
Peter Ackroyd

Solom

Solom - Scott Nicholson I'm not a much for gore in horror stories. I like the ones that make my skin crawl, the hair stand on the back of my neck and make me jumpy while reading them. Scott Nicholson does all that for me with Solom! Taking place in the back hills of the south, the remoteness and the religious aspect is enough to creep anyone out, but when Scott adds a girl and her mother on a remote farm, a new creepy husband/stepfather adds a few scarecrows, a circuit preacher, goats and a ghost, he creates a new way to make my skin crawl.

This page-turner kept me occupied through a bout with the flu and had me so engrossed that I forgot I was even feeling miserable. I was soaring through e-pages and found myself finishing the book in the wee hours of the morning, leaving me a bit disturbed and shaken.

As much as I loved the book, I did have problems with the amount of reference about drug usage. Yes, there was a point to be made, but it seemed to be overdone and I found myself thinking "Really? Not this again!!"

Outside of that, Solom was a great book! I am eager to read more of Nicholson's work.

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.