tweezle

Tweezle Reads

I read. I think. I write it down.

The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook: Wickedly Good Meals and Desserts to Die For
Gillian Flynn, Sara Paretsky, Harlan Coben, Kate White
Death of a Salesman
Arthur Miller
Conscripts: The First Book of The Off World Trilogy
Patrick Locke
Vivian Versus The Apocalypse
Katie Coyle
Hitler's First Victims: The Beginning of the Holocaust and One Man's Fight to End It
Timothy W Ryback
Charlie Chaplin
Peter Ackroyd

For Love or Loyalty

For Love or Loyalty - Jennifer Hudson Taylor "For Love or Loyalty" takes place in Scotland in 1760 and involves two feuding families: the Campbells and the MacGregors. When Duncan Campbell oversteps his position and ruins Malcolm MacGregor's home and family, Malcolm decides he will seek revenge, and that means using Duncan's daughter, Lauren, to get it.

Fast-paced and fully captivating, I found myself lost in the past and totally involved with both Malcolm and Lauren who both ended up being victims of Duncan's wrath and sick sense of justice. As the story unfolds, I became truly in love with both Malcolm and Lauren. Lauren because of her patience, love and faith and Malcolm because he was a very good and honorable "mon" underneath all the anger he felt caused by Duncan's horrible deed. As Malcolm spends time thinking and seeing the Lord move through Lauren, he slowly realizes his actions have consequences that are just as bad as what Duncan did to his family.

This book is a must read for any fan of Scottish or early Colonial history as well as those who enjoy great Christian fiction. The Christian message is not over the top but is placed well throughout the story. It is realistic and is where it would be most used in certain situations: death, sickness, danger, etc. It is also realistic in the fact that some characters question where God was when things happened. Because of this, I think that even a secular audience would enjoy the storyline without feeling preached to.

This book/new series comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

This ebook was provided by the author in conjuction with FIRST Wild Card Tours. I was not required to provide a favorable review, but instead on that reflects my honest opinion.