tweezle

Tweezle Reads

I read. I think. I write it down.

The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook: Wickedly Good Meals and Desserts to Die For
Gillian Flynn, Sara Paretsky, Harlan Coben, Kate White
Death of a Salesman
Arthur Miller
Conscripts: The First Book of The Off World Trilogy
Patrick Locke
Vivian Versus The Apocalypse
Katie Coyle
Hitler's First Victims: The Beginning of the Holocaust and One Man's Fight to End It
Timothy W Ryback
Charlie Chaplin
Peter Ackroyd

At Home with Laurie Ann

At Home with Laurie Ann - Laurie Ann McMillin Ray "At Home With Laurie Ann" is a lovely book that has stunning photography and gorgeous font and themes throughout it's pages. Certainly a beautiful book that would be a treat to find on anyone's coffee table - but don't you dare put it there without reading it!! As beautiful as this book is, it was made to be used.

Laurie Ann takes you through processes to help you find what YOU like and what YOU want to make a house a home. She shows you how to work with ANY budget and with what you have and love. She writes with a personal and friendly style that is instructive and non-intimidating.

I have had this book for a while, putting it to the test, and I have to say I am very impressed with her methods. I see them working for me, and I'm using her suggestions, and finding out what my style really is. I can actually see my house turning into something besides the eclectic mess that it is now.

Besides the normal decorating tips and elements of design, she has also included a nice section on holidays and seasons. She has included not only decorating themes but recipes (delicious ones at that!) and really nice ideas for birthdays and anniversaries.

This is truly one book that everyone, who wants their home to be a reflection of "who they are", needs!